I’m turning 25 on Sunday. It finally became real when I renewed my driver’s license earlier today. I wouldn’t say I’m having a quarter-life crisis, but HOLY COW, I’m turning 25. One thing I know for sure, I still have a great life ahead of me.
What has 25 years meant to me….I thought it might be fun to highlight some of my life events. I’m going to my parents on Saturday, so I promise some pictures of “Young Kelly”.
*I played basketball from age 9-16. I know my 5’2” stature was really lacking.
*I played softball for about 10 years. My position–2nd base/shortstop.
*I’ve been to 5 other countries…something I would like to improve.
*Best city I’ve traveled to? Prague.
*I’ve been to New Mexico 3 times.
* When I was younger, I would perform for my family. Dance, sing, be a game show host, you name it. It is quite embarrassing looking back at it now.
*I’ve grown to love Minnesota Sports even though each year seems to get more and more depressing. (Go Twins, right?)
* I was in 4-H. I was the uber 4-Her that showed up to the county fair with 15+ projects. I’m pretty sure this is where my community involvement, call to action, and compassion come from.
*I’ve grown closer to my brothers. Boy, did I dislike them growing up.
*I’ve probably been to South Dakota at least once each year of my life.
*I’m the youngest grandchild of 42. I know, not really a life highlight-but I consider it a claim to fame.
*I didn’t drive around the Twin Cities until Fall of 2008.
*I’ve been on the “Good Question” segment of WCCO news.
*I once needed stitches in the 5th grade and lied to parents about how I cut myself. I was playing where I shouldn’t have been and needed to cover my tracks. This was possibly the most rebellious thing I did as a child.
* I attended the University of Minnesota and became the first person in my family to graduate with a college degree.
* I joined Kappa Alpha Theta. I can’t imagine my life without it.
*I studied abroad in India. I also rode on a train for 26 hours. Rode an elephant. Ate some of the best food. Saw the Taj.
* I met Jeff. Sorry, I’m not getting mushy with this one.
*I never attended summer camp, but I worked at one. It was amazing.
*I have watched more movies than anyone I know. Favorite? Casablanca.
*I worked at an elementary school. Man, I wish I had a school schedule.
I’ll stop there. I’m sure there are more things I could add, but all I know is that I lead a pretty blessed life. –Kelly